4:30 pm on
Sunday 3 February 2013.
Clue: it purports to be of the picturesque Cotswolds in southwest England.
1. There are no speed cameras.
2. He’s driving like 1 in 5 Indonesians (wrong side)
3. The rain is not illustrated.
My own from tonight. Staying at Hotel Candi Baru in Semarang. Great old Dutch building, bar and coffee place just 1 minute walk away. Request some kind of bungkus for breakfast tomorrow for an early start. Boiled eggs, maybe a banana or two. Male receptionist replies in sinetron tone ‘nggak bisa‘, moronic and patronising to all those who do not follow sinetron melodrama. Options:
1. The guy can’t be bothered asking someone to boil a few eggs.
2. The guy has been instructed by superiors to be a jobsworth c**t despite supposedly being in the hotel business and clearly having eggs, fruit and boiling water to hand.
3. The guy’s girlfriend has gone off with some idiotic bule this week so he is understandably bitter towards foreigners at present.
4. There is an egg and fruit shortage in Semarang tonight.
5. I had one beer too many at the On On pub and he looked down upon my half-drunk request for boiled eggs.
6. A ghost has instructed staff members not to enter the kitchen before 6am.
Whichever of the above is closest to the truth this is the poorest moment of Indonesian hospitality me and close family have experienced over the last 9 days. The rest has been excellent, esp. Ministry of Coffee in Jogja.
Do you know what – I’ve seen that picture before… or perhaps it's later in the same sequence of the car swerving to avoid a snail?
As I remember, we drove on the left in the UK.
Did I win?
Right answer, 'Bu, but, sorry, there's nothing to win other than the satisfaction you award yourself.
Makasih atas infonya sangat kreatif dan inspiratif. Salam kenal.
All compliments (and all genuine, non-spam, comments) gratefully received.
Thanks (Trims), C.
You must log in to post a comment.
Jakartass on Facebook
Jakartass is powered by
and Comments (RSS).
Affordable blog design and development by the449
Bad Behavior has blocked 1160 access attempts in the last 7 days.